ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT - Credit controller
Reporting to the Group's Head of Finance, the jobholder will be responsible for the credit control and collection, provision and the maintenance of timely, accurate, complete and reliable company and the corporate financial and management accounting records, and ensure the design, implementation and the adherence to the financial controls and procedures.
- KES 170,000.00 + Medical Insurance (Family) + Car Loan
- To verify facts of all sales returns before passing a credit note. Ensure that all supporting documentations are duly authorized and factual before processing of a credit note while adhering to the policies and procedures of the credit department.
- Prepare the regular financial reports timely
- Prepare and update monthly, quarterly and annual cash flow projections and ensure accurate cash levels are derived for the purposes of investments
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget
- Undertake research on specific areas of Group's operations with a view of improving the procedures and accounting processes, implementing and ensuring adherence
- Support the implementation of the strategic initiatives in the group, including the development of the financial systems and the preparation of forms and manuals for accounting
- Developing, supervising and coaching assigned staff to enhance performance for increased productivity.
- Holders of a Diploma in Accounting from any recognized Professional Institute
- Be able to communicate with all levels of staff professionally
- Good analytical skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Sound knowledge and well-developed Information Communication and Technology (ICT) skills with hands on experience with computerized accounting applications. Innovativeness in accounting software use
- Ability to identify priority activities and assignments and make necessary adjustments as required
- Ability to present complex analysis with simplicity, clarity and professionalism
- Positive attitude and motivation to gather new knowledge.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or equivalent
- A qualified accountant and member of ICPAK
- Experience in a similar or equivalent position
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates. In-house training will also be offered.
The following are required to apply for a job with us: